Do you have what it takes?
Sliding Sports Australia is looking for serious athletes who demonstrate explosive strength, power and speed. Our talent identification program is targeting athletes with backgrounds in athletics, rugby and beach sprinting. Although individual results are important, the ability to train and compete in a team, a serious training mentality and a passion for the sport are also highly advantageous.
Sliding Sports Australia (SSA) runs athlete and talent identification camps in April and August each year. The Sliding Sports Australia Talent Identification programs has been developed to:
- Introduce athletes to the ice sliding sports and educate them on the fundamental principle for these sports;
- Educate athletes about the athlete pathway, selection criteria and the various opportunities, resources and programs available to Australian Sliding Sport athletes;
- Establish a consistent development process to Long Term Athlete Development;
- Increase National Team athletes participation with developing athletes and athlete pathway initiatives;
- Provide athletes with fundamental technical coaching and performance opportunities;
- Showcase ‘what it takes’ to become an elite athlete in all Sliding Sports;
Sliding Sports Australia engages our elite, national team athletes to deliver our Talent Identification program, enabling participants to receive technical coaching, mentoring, and pathway direction from athletes that have successfully progressed through the pathway. Sliding Sports Australia aims to achieve a consistent message of Long Term Athlete Development and direct more developing athletes into our Athlete Pathway Programs.